I've been pondering these various frameworks and elements of life for a while now.
The progression of development, who we are and how we interact, teach and learn are all tied up in similar patterns.
The concentric circle I give credit to a friend of my name Randall. This helped me start to see a pattern that shows up in spirituality, marketing, teaching and learning.
The patterns go as follows.
- The Heart, Heart Intelligence (the eternal part of you). This part cares creates an intention or vision, it resonates with "What For?" "Who For?". It's what motivates us when everything isn't working, but there's someone we are "fighting" for that gets us out of bed or to accomplish the challenging things.
- Might, Spirit, Energy Body, E'motion/Energy (see Donna Eden's concept as one possibility). This is the part of us that feels, contrasts, desires and wants to know why or feel connected to the Why? See Simon Sinek.
- It's the mind, logic, knowledge (see Dr Joe Dispenza's research), I haven't figured out how exactly the mind crosses the threshold between Body & Spirit or matter and energy. Sometimes we call this the mind. Sometimes we refer to mind as consciousness that could live at any layer of these concentric circles. This is the part of us that can be programmed, that operates logically and according to patterns. It need behavioral triggers to help us remember (BJ Fogg describes how to handle this layer, I think he uses a nice term "tiny-habits".)
- The next layer is matter, the body, the strength to accomplish things in this physical world. The procedure, the How. This the layer of body memory, or the layer of neurological patterning where we've spent the time to really really develop a skill or the develop the nuanced judgement, discernment to start doing things "without thinking", it's where we can start doing things without having to be so consciously focused on it. We can use a deeply physical embedded program.
See the books Peak by Robert Pool (secrets of the new science of expertise) and the book The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle
- Countenance, the layer of time, the sequence of events, the layer of our creations. What we create over time. People are like Photoshop layers. You aren't just 30 year-old or a 20 year-old. You are the composite image of all these layer where some are showing through more strongly than others. Your nine year old self may have develop certain coping skills or strengths or charisma. Your 20 year old self may have developed extreme logic or ego protection. Each of the layers are interacting to create a composite image of the whole.
Learning, Developing Pattern
When we learn something there's always an invitation or promise or enticement.
- Promise & Invitation
- Commitment, Agreement, the "Yes", the "Green Light"
- Remember, Behavioral Trigger, Associative Environment to get you into gear
- Act of Following, Act of doing, Putting yourself to good use.
- Sealed, Embossed, Countenance
Isn't it interesting that All ‘6900+ world languages’ use just 5 key
• SO WHAT? (who for?) – Meaning, Intent & Value
• WHY? – Adverbs and Adjectives for E’motion
• WHAT?- Nouns: Who, What, Where, Prepositions & conjunctions
• HOW? – Verbs, actions (how the noun is changed)
• WHEN? – Time (tense & word order to convey correct sequence)
Brendon Burchard Model of how our mind works.
- Information ℹ
- Interpret ?
- Identity ?
- Intention ⚡
- Initiative ?
I find this model to be really really helpful whenever I get in a pickle or I really need to think something through. It's also helpful to use when triggered by something.
A Summary of what I've learned from these various tools, concepts and principles.
- To change your life you need to change your state. Exercise, Breath-work, Qigong, Yoga, Walking, Good food, meditation are all great tools to help change "state".
- Behavioral triggers, feedback are other tools to better develop habits and crucial context to more successful execute and make better judgement.
- Just because we are aware of something doesn't mean we've learned how to reprogram our beliefs and our "soul-system"
- Good sleep and proper nutrition help the brain, mind and body function at the optimal level where we can actually learn, change, grow and function at our best.
- The importance of order and coherence in our thinking, feeling and teams is crucial and has incredible results and impact. See Heart Math Institute.
Enjoying these posts? Subscribe for moreSubscribe now
Already have an account? Sign in